To edit your product information, you need to have first added content to your catalog. You can Add a Product from Library, Add a Brand from Library, or Create a New Product.
To start editing a product in your catalog:
- Access your Seller Portal for the Store you wish to edit by using your Quick Links drop down menu in the top right of any Yodify page
- On the left navigation access your Catalog and select Your Products
- Identify the product you’re looking to edit by using the search functions available. Search by name or restrict the results by Brand to find your chosen product
- Click the white gear icon and select from the new menu Edit
- Now that you’re editing your product, select the Specifications tab
There are two different ways to add Specifications to your product, Simple and Filterable.
To add a new Simple Specifications to your product:
- Type or copy & paste your text into the description box provided
- Format your text to suit your needs and help the customer better understand the information provided
- Bold keywords or titles
- Remove Formatting. If you have copy and pasted it from another program that keeps advanced formatting (i.e. word)
- Use Bullet List or Numbered List to help organize your points
- Indent your lists to create a hierarchy of information
To add new Filterable Specifications to your product:
- Click the blue Add Specification button under the Filterable Specs section to bring up a new window
- Add a Title for this series of specification. This is searchable on Yodify and allows the algorithm to know which title the values are related to. Some examples might be “Materials” “Psi” “Certifications” or “Color”.
- Add an optional Description for your internal use. This won’t be shown live on Yodify but can serve to help keep organized and record information for your reference.
- Add as many Values as you need. Values are any list items related to your chosen title. Using the example of “Color” you could have one value for red, one value or blue, one value for yellow and so on. You can rearrange the order of the values by grabbing the move symbol and dragging the value into position.
- Click Save if you’re completed your specifications or Save & New if you’d like to add a new group of specs. Repeat as many times as necessary for your product.
- To further edit your specifications either click the blue Edit button under your title or the grey gear next to your values. This allows you to use sort order which is an alternative way of establishing the order in which the values are displayed to the customer.
- Repeat as needed, going back to the first step to add a new Specification group.