Although you can add products from the Yodify Library, there are always new products that are not yet part of the database. In the constantly adapting evolving world of product & brand development it’s our mission to make Yodify as complete and comprehensive as possible.
On Yodify, a product listing can be as simple as an image and a description – or as comprehensive as a dynamic product series that has over 1 million MPN combinations that the User can create using a configurator. No matter what style of product you’re looking to create Yodify has the tools to make it as efficient and effective as possible, both for the creator and the customer.
Every product on Yodify is assigned to a Brand. If the Brand you intend to create doesn’t exist on Yodify yet, you need to first Create a Brand. If you’re a Brand but haven’t claimed your information you can Claim your Brand.
To Create a New Product:
- Access your Seller Portal through your Quick Links
- On your left navigation roll out the Catalog tab and select Create New Product
- Select Brand. Start by searching for the Brand you want to assign the product to. If the Brand you’re looking for doesn’t exist yet on Yodify, you can use the blue + Add New Brand button that appears after using the search field.
- Add Series Name. Enter the base level name for your product or product series. This is the main title that will appear on Yodify and the primary way Users will identify your product. If there are any similar products Yodify will recommend them to help prevent duplicates, as this product may already have been created.
- Product Details. Add your short name for quick identification on smaller screens, your short description for use in the search results, and long description which shows on the product page.
- Product Images. Add your product image(s). Use a nice clean image with a white or preferably transparent background to effectively showcase your product. Products with better quality images will statistically perform better in sales then a blurry or busy one. Product images do not need to represent the entire product series, they serve as visual reinforcement of quality and authenticity.
- Documentation. Add any documentation you have for your Product, product manuals, reference guides, datasheets and more. You can further categorize these by type while editing your product in the next section.
- Categories. Add any categories that relate to your product. The more accurate your selection the better chance of Users finding your product. Start typing in the Search Categories box and Yodify will help you choose from our category library.
- Select Save and Continue when you’re ready to proceed to the next step.
. You’ve completed the necessary steps to provide a simple representation of the product. You are now free to publish your product to the Yodify ecosystem, but you are encouraged to add more supplementary information including inventory & pricing, search terms, specifications, or even a configurator.
Although all these steps are optional - it’s required if you intend to sell on Yodify that you add inventory to your products. If your intention is to use Yodify as an online catalog or operate through customer requested quotes, you’re already all set.
You must publish your product for it to appear live on Yodify. Click the Save & Publish banner on the top of this page, or the button on the bottom of this page once you’re happy with the information you’ve entered.